Reboot Loop

Reaction score
Since I downloaded Windows 10 I have to unplug and plug the computer in every morning to start it. During the day it will come on by hitting a key stroke but after sitting for several hours it will not start. I can hit the switch on the computer and the light on the computer comes on but will not start until it is unplugged and plugged back in. I have a gateway with two lights on the front. The best I can tell one indicates the power is on and the other one is for the processor. The second one is the one that will not light up until unplugged and plugged back in. I was thinking it has something to do with going to sleep/hibernation but can not find any where I can change that. I am just assuming this is a software problem. Any advice would be appreciated.

After powering up the pc I am now getting a continuously recycling message: "Preparing automatic repair." Never saw this before but the issue is the pc will not boot up. I tried using my win 7 boot/reinstall cd but get other error messages. Is this a win 10 issue or hardware (I have fairly new ssd boot drive)?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Chris' problem seems to be slightly different than that of the OP in the original thread so I took the liberty of creating a new one for him specifically.
By the way some additional information about your system might be helpful.
Laptop / Desktop, Manufacturer, Model Name, complete model number, etc.

Reaction score
Thanks for any help. This is a xidax custom pc with i7-4790 processor. Has a 128 SSD C drive with windows and other apps on it with a 1tb hard drive for storage (D drive)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You will probably at some point, ultimately need the Windows 10 installation media.
The installation media can be obtained through either of these two resources.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench
OR
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Once you have the ISO, you can use ImgBurn to burn it to a DVD or Rufus to burn it to a USB ThumbDrive, either of which you can use to boot your computer.

When you've managed to boot from the installation media you need to click the Repair Your PC link on the second page after the Choose a Language and Keyboard layout page.
That should get you to the Advanced Troubleshooting options.
You can try a System Restore from there to see if going back to an earlier point in time might help.
CommandPrompt.JPG

Ask a Question