Recurring problem with Windows 10.

Reaction score
Ok so, This problem has been happening over and over again resulting in a complete breakdown of the system and failure to start. I end up having to take the system to a chap who sorts it all out for me.
However it never last more than 6 months and the entire saga starts over again.

1) So starts with a freezing system usually about 5 to 10 mins after either being turned on or having been woken up from sleep (only first time for the day). At this point a forced restart will sort it an system seems fine for the rest of the day. This will continue as a daily routine for a week or two.

2) Next stage starts the same with the freezing system however a restart will hang (before the beep) or it will crash to a BSOD before getting going. I can usually get it to start eventually and run sfc/scannow which fixes things (never says it can't) and it will then be fine for the rest of the day.. This will continue as a daily routine for a few days.
FYI if i try and run the sfc/scannow before the freeze and restart it will freeze midway through doing it.

3) Stage three.. same as above only now when I eventually restart the PC after a few trys the scannow function wont function.. at this point I end up having to use my boot USB and restore to an early point where I can get it to scan. Some times this will solve the issue some times not.

4) Stage four.. Where I have had to do a system reset (basically a windows reinstall from the boot USB wiping files) This was yesterday.. I did not add much to the system reboot. Chrome, only.

And where I am now.. I was half expecting the PC to behave today as i had done that yesterday.. not no.. back to stage 2 with bells on.. took me 8 attempts to get the PC to start at all! hanging before the beep or BSOD and not restarting.

So I started wondering if it was my SSD on the way out.. ran Performance manager and Command prompt and they are saying all ok.

I am out of ideas.. I am not even sure this was the right thread for this issue.. LOL

I am hoping that someone might spot what is causing the very annoying (and somewhat expensive) Issue..

Happy to provide more info.
Attached file as requested.

Attachments

• DESKTOP-BBNHFEE-(2021-02-01_14-27-08).zip
    101.4 KB · Views: 100
Reaction score
Hi DB,

are you running the latest version of Win 10?. ;)

Reaction score
I was, then this issue caused me to have to restore refresh windows.. so at the updating phase j stopped before the 20H2 (or whatever it's called) one from Oct last year. The system us still having the same issue. Figured until the issue is sourced there's no point. Lol

Reaction score
Hi DB,

do you know about Linux?, if you download a version (I suggest Ubuntu) and run it in Live Mode on your computer, you can test the stability of you system!. https://ubuntu.com/

There are more versions at the following link. https://distrowatch.com/

If I were you, I would do a re-install using the latest version of Win 10 and also using following guide but you will have to re-install your apps!.

To install multiple apps. https://ninite.com/

I hope it helps. ;)

Ask a Question