Won't Come Out Of Sleep-Mode Problem ?

Reaction score
Hello,

Always something new, I guess.
Never had this before.

Couldn't wake up my HP W10 desktop pc from sleep mode, which I have it set to sleep
each night automatically after I go to bed.

Hp desktop pc, was on, but no display on the monitor.
Sometimes, a small diamond shaped icon would show on the monitor.
(batteries in Keyboard and zMouse are brand new)

Tried just about every key and key combination, and Mouse buttons, for 10 minutes, and finally it woke up

Is this a fairly "common" problem ?

In Device Manager, it Does show that Keyboard and/or Mouse are enabled
for wake-ups.

Took sleep mode off of both pc and monitor now, as I don't want to go thru this again.
But would really like to have, hence this question, please:

**If hitting a key on the keypad, or using the Mouse doesn't wake everything up,
is there a keyboard key combination that will (definitely) do it and wake everything up ?
A "For Sure" key ? Is Hibernate Mode "safer" than sleep mode for making sure it is possible to resume ? Why, if so ?

Thanks, appreciate the help,
Bob

Reaction score
I wonder if it was asleep waiting for activation by a 'magic packet ' from the network. Depending on your network card you might find that in device manager properties of the card. Just a guess. I have never used that facility. I think it is there so that machines can be woken up remotely for updates in a business environment.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Couldn't wake up my HP W10 desktop pc from sleep mode, which I have it set to sleep
each night automatically after I go to bed.
Same thing happens on laptops.....but not as much.

Sleep mode is a temporary setting....it was never meant as a permanent type of usage. I would use sleep mode during the day and when you go to bed....actually turn it off.

Ask a Question