Reduce the size of the Menu

Reaction score
When I Right Click an icon, a huge menu pops up. How can I edit the menu to make it smaller?

Reaction score
Does your's look similar? Usually only get that menu when right-clicking icons on the Desktop or in File Explorer. A lot depends upon what has been installed that adds to it.
1617103979576.png

Reaction score
When I Right Click an icon, a huge menu pops up. How can I edit the menu to make it smaller?

According Bighorn his answer are you probably meaning the so-called "context menu".

Luckily do i have experience regarding this topic, so i possibly might be able to help you out.

Too increse the quality of the answer, and help you as best as possible, you need make an screenshot on your menu.

I can help you for each single menu column which is unnecessary and not important for you daily usage.

Unfortunately can i only say the key is "Regedit", but each path are different from each context menu column.

This is an generalized path from the context menu Computer->HKEY_CLASSES_ROT->Folder->Shell

You could also just reset the context menu to its default, then would it not be so "huge" anymore.

You can reset the Files Context Menu with Command Prompt using this Code:
Code:
Reg delete HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\

It's also important to know that there is different types of context menues.
If you just right click on the Desktop, there is an other context menu, rather than right click an file.

Ask a Question