Regular BDODs

Reaction score
Hi

Really struggling with my desktop at the moment, just getting regular BSODs throughout the day with different messages and I can't work out the source of the problem. It reached the stage the other day where the crashes messed up the system to the point that windows would no longer boot and I ended up doing a windows reinstall. Is there anyone who might be able to help by analysing the problem for me?

I've linked below to a copy of my memory.dmp file which is rather large at nearly 800MB - let me know if that's too large to work with.

Is there anything else I should try at this stage?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You might want to do some research and use your Motherboard Manufacturers support site to determine if your current BIOS / Firmware is up to date.

As best as I can determine from your dump file you are currently running
BiosVendor = American Megatrends Inc.
BiosVersion = 1205
BiosReleaseDate = 06/01/2012
BaseBoardManufacturer = ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoardProduct = P8Z77-V
BaseBoardVersion = Rev 1.xx
AND
It looks to me like there have been several BIOS updates since that one was offered.
Several of which according to what I'm able to see are intended to address "System stability".

You will want to be certain that you are researching your exact and specific Motherboard's manufacturer, model name, model number as well as your particular revision number which should be printed somewhere on the surface of the board itself or perhaps with any documentation or material that you received with it.
I ended up doing a windows reinstall
Another thing you might consider addressing at some point
OS_VERSION: 10.0.18362.1
BUILDLAB_STR: 19h1_release
OSPLATFORM_TYPE: x64
OSNAME: Windows 10

I don't know what your installation source was when you performed the "windows reinstall" that you mention above, but....
It looks like you might be behind a couple builds and while I don't believe that upgrading to the latest version and build will resolved your underlying issue, I don't believe it would hurt.
Perhaps using the Media Creation Tool at the above location to create new and up to date installation media might be worth your time.

Reaction score
Thanks very much for taking the time to reply. I'll check the motherboard and potential BIOS updates as suggested.

Ask a Question