Removing Password

Reaction score
I have an HP laptop pc with Windows 10, which asks me for my password everytime I boot up. Since I'm the only user, how can I remove the password?

Reaction score
Settings -> Accounts -> Sign in options. under "passwords" click ' change ' .
enter current password, in the next windows where it says "new password" just leave it blank and hit enter then click on "finish".
That will remove your password (at least in my Pro version)...

Reaction score
I keep my password as it is my Microsoft account password and logs me on every morning.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi,

You could type in your search bar the following: netplwiz then press your enter key

Now remove the check next to: Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer, then click Apply

A dialog will open: Type your password, then retype it in the confirmation box and click ok

Now when your computer goes to sleep, or you restart your computer you will not be prompted for a password. If you later decide you wish to make your computer more secure, repeat the above steps and replace that check mark.

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question