SOLVED Required To Delete All User Accounts Before Restoring Windows 7

Reaction score
After I upgraded to windows 10, I added a couple of new user accounts and deleted the only original windows 7 account. Now I can't delete the last remaining user account because it doesn't allow me to delete it while signed in. Question 1: how do I delete this remaining user account? Question 2: without a user account, how can I access the restore option to eliminate windows 10 and restore windows 7? Question 3: will I be forced to reinstall windows 7 from scratch, and if so, do I need to do anything before installing windows 7? Thank you!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Question 1: how do I delete this remaining user account?
You may be able to enable the hidden administrator's account and delete the last remaining user, however......
While the hidden Administrator's account is not unique to Windows 10, Windows 7 had one also, I do not know if it will be treated as a Windows 10 Account created after the install, my guess is that it's likely
I also have no way of knowing if you succeed in deleting the last account and rolling back to Windows 7, if the Hidden Administrator's account, which by default has a blank password will be preserved as a possible option for you to log in with once back in Windows 7.
2: without a user account, how can I access the restore option to eliminate windows 10 and restore windows 7?
I don't believe that would be possible, without a user account you wouldn't be able to log in at all to do anything.
Question 3: will I be forced to reinstall windows 7 from scratch, and if so, do I need to do anything before installing windows 7? Thank you!
Yes, back up all your critical data and create a disk image of your current install
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/please-for-your-own-peace-of-mind.794/

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. I'm still evaluating all responses as well as other options that have been suggested to me. At this point I'm inclined to just reinstall Windows 7. And yes, my data is all backed up, I have the Windows 7 disk and the product key. The only other option that appears viable is if there is some way to restore Windows from the windows.old file. I have found the folder but don't know what to do with it or if there is even an option to restore directly from windows.old. If someone has information about how to do this I'd appreciate the information.

Ask a Question