RESET (Chose Keep My Files Option) in Windows10

Reaction score
A couple of months ago, I upgraded through Windows Update reminder/notification to upgrade free to Windows 10, which

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
A couple of months ago, I upgraded through Windows Update reminder/notification to upgrade free to Windows 10, which
Hello Paul and welcome to the forum.
I've heard of dangling participles, but I think the above constitutes a dangling sentence.
Reminds me of a buddy in England that I skype with, when I start seeing a bunch of random characters appearing in the chat box, I can be pretty certain that he face planted again on his keyboard.

Just thought I'd welcome you. If you decide to come back and finish the thought..... that'd be good too.

Reaction score
lo! Thank you for your kind words welcoming me to the forum. Your dangling sentence" is "right on point" because I believe I have serious "dangling Windows 10" issues as a result of a :rolleyes: free from Windows 8.1 (through Windows Update reminder/notification) Windows 10, which I did with reservations. My concerns unfortunately have been realized, and are the following:

1. Office Outlook (which I had with my Windows 8.1) is a mess i.e., 3 "inboxes" with over 4,000 emails; strike marks and shadowed deleted emails, etc.

2. My Internet Explorer is running extremely slow (sometimes with a running script error, the website does not finished everything, i.e., ads, etc. I guess it could be classified as a "dangling website"!?!!? o_O

I compare my problems to popular TV commercial regarding cellular telephones and goes like the following:

A man goes into a barbershop; , when asked, a group of men show him their high-tech, complicated i-Phones; then one of the men pulls out as flip-cellphone. The flip cellphone results an immediate response from the man who inquired about their cellphones; he pulls out a cellphone from his pocket and says "my man"!

Well I am a "flip cellphone type of guy!

Please tell me the safest, easiest, etc. to rollback to my Windows 8.1 or, before that Windows 7. Will I recover my IE10, Office Outlook Mail, Word, Excel, etc. that I currently have in Windows 10 and had in Windows 8.1 and 7?:rolleyes:
Thanks,

Paul M.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I don't suppose that you happened to read this ....
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/please-for-your-own-peace-of-mind.794/
Prior to updating / upgrading??
According to your first post
A couple of months ago, I upgraded through Windows Update
You're probably out of luck for any easy / automated opportunity to Roll Back your current installation to your previous version of Windows.
That is only available for 30 days I believe, and afterwards the files that are used to facilitate that roll back are automatically removed from your system.
Internet Explorer is running extremely slow
Usually this is a result of some extensions or add-ons
Try running it clean
Right click the start button and choose run and in the run dialog box type
iexplore.exe -extoff
hit enter or click OK
Use the home button or your favorites bar or favorites list to open some sites or simply type the URL in the top address bar. It defaults to about:NoAdd-ons to let you know that it is running more or less clean.
See if it seems to operate any better.
Office Outlook (which I had with my Windows 8.1) is a mess i.e., 3 "inboxes" with over 4,000 emails; strike marks and shadowed deleted emails, etc.
As far as your Office Outlook program, I'm not really sure what might be going on.
Typically Outlook keeps your mail, contacts and calendar items locally in a .pst file. I cannot even guess how or why you have 3 inboxes unless you've added additional accounts or the same account multiple times.
As far as 4000 emails, if you've not maintained the mail server files, and kept them clean, it'll definitely go and get whatever is there the first time you set it up. So if you are like some of my friends and leave everything on Gmail, or Hotmail or outlook or Comcast or whomever is your email provider and then you point Office Outlook at that server, it's going to go get whatever is there.

Ask a Question