SOLVED Restore point

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
in next up date shouldn't Win10 generate have a automatic restore point lets say once a week . Put it in a troubleshooter section so all can find it when they need too. Why make so necessary a thing hard to do.

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
thank you for your reply but it should be easier for the novice person like myself. Seems like a lot of steps to screw things up. What I had in mind was a one step on start up and at times replacing with a new restore point . A simple automated way to do.

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
I just created a restore point , that was easy enough but that is for today. This should have a automated feature with out me having to do. That is does it once a week so when that unexpected item pops up I can back up to restore at a time before the problem.

Reaction score
Hi Michael,

mine seems to do it okay?. What settings do you have?.

1608828416419.png

1608828454606.png

Reaction score
Not certain, but I think it does it automatically when a major change (update for example) takes place.
You can mess Task scheduler and have it run at times you desire
The file is hidden in the root and difficult to look at (if at all.
I think your better option is to download the (free) Macrium and install it. Schedule a resyore point for all or some of your computer

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
mine like yours system protect turn on enable. Does this say if I have a problem it will restore to a earlier date and this date is parodically up dated ? automatically or do I have to up date manually ?

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
not certain , not a good answer. When a crash or something happens that going back to early time to correct problem is nice but if you do not have one to go to or what you have is so old will not really help is bad. You would think have a timer that after 5 days , 7 days a restore point feature is enabled could save you. But it appears at this time there is no such tool. Which brings up my original post . If in future up date
1) a easy way to find restore point , I found in control panel should be in troubleshooter section of settings
2) easier way to see what points (dates) are in system and go to that date
to me too many places to go to to get things done.
In the mean time HAPPY Holiday's be safe till the virus gets removed by one of the vaccines we have.

Reaction score
Hi Michael,

in my image (below) I have used 8,43GB from 10,87GB of available storage space, I assume that when the max is reached, it will overwrite older restore points?. Merry Christmas everyone!. :) :) :) :)

1608841678372.png

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
just call me a big dummy but I created a desk top short cut , copied and pasted path for short cut plus named it . Click on short cut a error happened . There has to be a easier way to get one what I would like to do.

Thank you for trying to help
Merry Christmas

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
this mite help others on restore point short cut. All you have to do is go start screen tile screen. Look for and right click control panel tile on the list of commands is " Create a restore point" click on it and there it is.
KISS (Keep it simple stupid) , is the best way

Merry Christmas thanks to all for the help and making me figure this out.

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
even easier you can create short cut on task bar for control panel , right click it top command is " Create restore point"

Ask a Question