Right clicking This Computer on Desktop > clicking Properties issue

Reaction score
I have upgraded three computers, this one being the last. The first two were Windows 8.1 systems, this was a Windows 7 system. The issue is when I Rigt-Click the This Computer icon on the desktop and select Properties to bring up the System window, it opens, then closes and re-opens quickly. If I open System via the Control Panel, it doesn't exhibit this odd behavior. Anyone else seeing similar behavior?

I don't know if it's associated with the problem, but randomly windows will lose focus and fall back behind other windows. I also have an issue when using Chrome. If I download something (into my Downloads folder), then opt to Show in Folder, the folder opens normally. However when I close it, it closes and re-opens again. When I close it the second time, it stays closed. Now the behavior is different if if download it to my Desktop and then opt for Show in Folder, it opens quickly, closes and re-opens again. However when I close it, it just closes and doesn't re-open on its own. Much like the System behavior. Which leads me to believe that it's all the same issue.

The one thing that could have something to do with it is, my storage setup is different on this system compared to the other two systems I've done. The other two systems are single HDD systems. Whereas this system has a SSD for Windows and a HDD for storage. I've moved all the user files (Desktop, Document, Downloads, Music, Pictures, etc) to the HDD. This is the way it was prior to upgrading to Windows 10. Following the upgrade, the installer had made a second set of user files, but Windows defaulted to using the original ones. So since the new ones weren't being used, I deleted them. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it or not.

Ask a Question