Roll Back to Windows 8.1

Reaction score
I upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10. after a month, my system crashed due to inaccessible_boot_device issue. I tried everything, but had to go for a fresh install of windows 10. then came the issue of activation. No matter what i did, it wasnt getting activated. So, now the customer care at HP has asked me to install Windows 8.1 again. and then upgrade.

My question is, should I install Windows 8.1 Single Language itself, as it was my original OS, or can I go for Windows 8.1 Pro. Will Pro dvd have the option of Single Language in it? Media creation tool is not working for me, that is why I'm trying to download Pro via torrent and then install Single Language.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
or can I go for Windows 8.1 Pro
You will need the product key for whichever version of Windows 8 you decide to install.

Personally I would go with the recommendations you are receiving from HP.
So, now the customer care at HP has asked me to install Windows 8.1 again. and then upgrade.

I'm trying to download Pro via torrent
That I wouldn't recommend.
If for some reason your computer no longer contains the HP recovery partition, then HP should be able to provide you with Recovery Media in the form of Optical Disk media.
If the computer is under warranty then it should be free, if not then there may be a nominal fee.

Ask a Question