Safe To Clone?

Reaction score
Using Macrium Reflect to clone my current C drive to another drive that is twice as big, a Kingston.

I did this once before, where a bootable block of the Kingston, drive F (231GB out of 480 total GB)) was set up as the destination drive.

I just want to make sure that the data cloned onto Kingston goes only to drive F. In scheduling a clone operation, it shows both drive F and H of the Kingston. I want to leave drive H alone.

Is it safe to start this operation, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    221.5 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Reaction score
A clone operation will delete all contents on the destination drive.
You may be better suited to image the drive & choose that drive (H) as the destination.

Reaction score
A clone operation will delete all contents on the destination drive.
You may be better suited to image the drive & choose that drive (H) as the destination.
You mean I can't clone to drive F only, part of the Kingston drive? The rest of the drive, drive H, cannot lose its contents.

Reaction score
A Clone is an exact copy of the drive so will delete the contents of the destination drive.

Reaction score
A Clone is an exact copy of the drive so will delete the contents of the destination drive.
Right, but my orginal drive is 240GB. The new drive is twice that. I can't make the clone go to a specified partition? ThoughI did that before, which is how i wound up with the 2 partitions, 1 bootable, 1 with data.

Reaction score
I have offered my advice, you’re free to ignore it & proceed.
If you wish you can drag & drop the partitions to the H drive & see if the partitions appear under that drive.

Ask a Question