Screen saver refuses to work

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been with windows since 3.1 and in all those decades never have I had screen saver refuse to work. I have come from win7 64bit pro to win 10 64 bit pro, and .... its hell !
However why is screen saver not working, I have seen suggestions like unplug your devices, now I don't intend to run the PC without flight stick or pedals or scanner or printer, if Msoft expect me to be disadvantaged as such so screen saver will work, NO ! ridiculous fix.
What is the true fix to get it working please.

Cheers

DBenz

Reaction score
recheck all the settings . Click on "change your screen saver settings"
Thanks, I have tried all that, clicking a link that this link leads to says click here to allow access to pc, but without even speaking to someone thats a little off ! who is going to then access my pc without me first establishing contact.

I have found that if I unplug my flight sim stick and throttle HOTAS Saitek X45 screensave works, I have deadzoned the red lines which move oh so slightly, being analog units, and that doesnt make a difference, I even made massive silly deadzones and still no good, unplug them and then it works. Never in my life have i had an issue under xp or win7 with these, win10 a different ball game, a real pain in the neck.

so now what do I do ?

Reaction score
Have you checked "device manager" for device conflicts? just a suggestion.
Also downloaded the latest drivers for the HOTAS Saitek X45
Just i find win 10 and 11 a pile of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
good old win7 unfortunately not supported by m_soft
check windows security it will play havoc with software if it don't like it
I had a couple of files blocked by this nasty security of course i switched it off and managed to operate th software files

Reaction score
Have you checked "device manager" for device conflicts? just a suggestion.
Also downloaded the latest drivers for the HOTAS Saitek X45
Just i find win 10 and 11 a pile of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
good old win7 unfortunately not supported by m_soft
check windows security it will play havoc with software if it don't like it
I had a couple of files blocked by this nasty security of course i switched it off and managed to operate th software files

Hi, no conflicts in DM. I have expanded out everything in Device Mgr and no warnings etc.
I have latest drivers X45 hotas.
If I unplug the X45 usb lead (throttle and stick lights now off) screen saver works.
as they are just drivers, how do I use windows security for them ?

Cheers

DBenz

Ask a Question