See what you will lose installing Windows 10

Reaction score
There is a way around this. ;)
1. Type gpedit.msc in RUN or Start search box and press Enter. It'll open Group Policy Editor.
Unless Group Policy Editor is available to home users, that will not work. Professional users can turn off without needing gpedit. I don't know about Windows 10 yet, but Windows 7 Home didn't have access to Group Policy Editor.

Reaction score
Ran this on my W10 Pro, opened windows update, didn't see any different options to "choose", went and re set it back to #3.

I don't much like the GUI of this W10 WU, I liked the 7/8.1 better

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The Group Policy Editor is just a pretty face for making registry changes without actually using the registry editor.
Someone at some point will undoubtedly post the corresponding registry key(s) and their appropriate settings, to effect the same change.

I for one am not sure that it is
A. A good idea
AND
B. If it will even work in the long term

I believe that MS has suggested that deferring updates, is only possible for so long, 30 days or something similar. After which, I'm not sure what exactly happens.
Maybe, either you get them, whether you want them or not, or you get no further updates until such times as to catch up..... IDK.

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Allow me to clarify. I learned more about this matter since I posted the thread.
Win 10 Home users will have their updates installed automatically.
Win 10 Pro users will get a "delay" option ( for 30 days I think ). BUT, the update will get installed after that eventually.
Thanks David for your reply. ... this is cool. Oh well, at least I know that those who pay more still only get the same deal. Cheers. ..Ken.

ray

Reaction score

Ask a Question