SOLVED Site not responding

Reaction score
"Yahoo, Msn, Bing not responding". Happens all the time. I have checked all suggestions: delete cache, etc. none of this helps.
The "Not responding" happens with both IE and Edge! Windows 10, 64 Bit, Version 1511.

Last edited:

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Horace,

You mention you've tried a few things; so I assume you all ready attempt the command ipconfig /flushdns in the Administrator: Command Prompt. If you have not done this then its worth trying.

Have you troubleshooted Internet Explorer by running it without Add-ons?

To do that press Windows key and R together and in the run dialog type iexplore.exe -extoff then click OK

If you do that can you now view Bing, Yahoo and MSN sites with no troubles?

If yes, no problems, then one of the Add-ons (extensions) in your Internet Explorer browser is the problem and you'll need to open a normal Internet Explorer browser, then press your Alt key once then click Tools > Manage add-ons and disable one at a time then see whether these sites open to figure out which one is the problem.

Another possibility is that these sites are using Scripts which are taking too long to load or simply are not correctly coded or interpretted your end. If that is the case, there are a couple of options that may help:
  • Press Windows key and R to open the Run dialog
  • In the Run dialog type INETCPL.CPL then click OK to open Internet Options
  • Select the Advanced tab
  • Under Browsing section remove the checks next to:
    • Disable Script Debugging (Internet Explorer)
    • Disable Script Debugging (Other)
    • Display a notification about every script error

script.png

When done click OK

• If the above does not help then you can modify a Registry value for Internet Explorer's Style key. To do this without opening the Registry Editor, do the following:
    • Right-click on Start
    • Left-click on Command Prompt (Admin)
    • When the User Account Control pops up click Yes
    • You will now see the Administrator: Command Prompt console. In this console type or copy & paste the following:

Code:
      reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Styles" /v MaxScriptStatements /t REG_DWORD /d 0xFFFFFFFF

Press Enter key to execute

You'll be prompted to confirm an overwrite. Type y then press Enter key

Sample Image

script2.png

Note: This Registry modification is given in the following article on Microsoft's site:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/175500

Do not use the FixIT on this site as Windows 10 does not support this tool!

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I have done the add-on thing with no help! I just did the attachment 3887. Will check for couple days and let you know. Only thing checked was IE script debug. Now unchecked.
Again THANKS!

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Have you updated your OS to the latest version ..... which is 1607 AU (Anniversary Update).

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I have done the add-on thing with no help! I just did the attachment 3887. Will check for couple days and let you know. Only thing checked was IE script debug. Now unchecked.
Again THANKS!
Again THANKS!

Reaction score
Regedit32,
After I did "uncheck" on IE script debug, I would get a message "Webpage error", "Do you want to debug this webpage". So I rechecked IE script debug. I have not seen "Not Responding" since I posted this thread.
I think I will mark as SOLVED and reopen if problem reappears.
Regards and thanks to you and bassfisher6522

Ask a Question