SOLVED Slow boot up

Reaction score
Yes I think you are right Tim Locke, with my arthritis in my hands it would definitely be beneficial to have help..thanks
And I have big pudgy fingers which doesn't help either!

Re-reading this whole thread I think you can upgrade your machine with great success.

Reaction score
Just a thought... My son gave me this little Acer Aspire ES1-132 with 25gb hard drive. Now I know windows won't update because it says it needs another 11gb..if I put a usb stick with 32gb will it be sufficient?.

Reaction score
I don't think so. Windows insists on those updates all happening on the C drive.

What is the rest of the model number after ES1-132 should be more. Most of these have a 500Gb HDD but some and yours is probably one of them have 32Gb of flash.

If that is the case then down loading the latest Windows onto a USB and doing a full install that clears out that memory will be the only way. Or...blow it away with Linux.

I seem to remember that this has come up before on this forum.

Reaction score
I think it looks likes Linux for this Tim. I did mention he was giving me this mini laptop in another part of the forum and was also thinking of going the Linux way with my Lenovo too, but I thought it was a bit dramatic.

Reaction score
Which version do you have, the 1909? this is the only one that is coming to an end soon (with release of the 2104).
Do you have a HDD or SSD and how old is your PC ??
a quick cleanup might help (Storage sense active, deleting temp folders etc). One can't believe how much junk accumulates over time on the computer.
How do I clean up my computer?

Reaction score
How do I clean up my computer?
If you have to ask that, I am not going too deep in to the system itself. Here is the easy version:

2021-04-06_181400.jpg

Once you click on [Free up space now] a new screen appears and after a few minutes it will show you what you can clean up. Just check all items you want to clean and click on [Remove files]

If you turn on Storage sense, you can have Windows do the clean up from "every day" to "every week" or "every month" or "when Windows decides". It is up to you

Reaction score
Since the last windows, my laptop takes ages to boot. First it's a black screen with a loading wheel going round and round for ages, then I have to press spacebar, which brings the log in screen, then I have to press spacebar again to log in and after that it's another 3 or 4 minutes before I'm into it. Before loading the update, windows stated that my version of windows ten was coming to an end and I had to download the new version.
I have a really fast puter and 2 upgrades back it slowed down abit it's still very fast but not instant any more.

Ask a Question