Slow motion

Reaction score
I'm at 2.2gb of ram used with chrome running and avast as my AV. I'm guessing (and it's only a guess), that you may have of bunch of pre installed programs that came with your PC that may be eating up some ram and a bunch af your hard drive space. You might want to look in to uninstalling some programs that you don't use.

Another thing you can try is go in to your settings>privacy. Select "background apps" on the left side, and turn off "let apps run in the background". Or at least choose individually which ones you don't want running. None of them need to.

Reaction score
Hi chemazzo,

I second @BigFeet on the Linux usage. Avast is a fine product I am quite certain but Windows Defender has had a lot of improvement recently and can hold its own against other AV apps imo. :):):)

In general, all AV apps use more or less the same data base for their scanners to work, each product relies on the other to find and disable any new threats to the computer user. By that I mean that if no information is exchanged, there would be no defence against computer viral infections. The big difference would be the scan engine they are using I would think?. :):):)

Ask a Question