Slow start up

Reaction score
My laptop is so slow to start up that I could go and make cup of tea before it loads.
I’ve done all I can in order to reduce unwanted apps loading, and it’s still slow.
CPU: intel i3 370M
Ram: DDRIII 4 G.

Any suggestions?

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Off the cuff, I would respectfully say your hardware is long in the tooth. CPU was released in 2010. Win7 era. Both CPU and ram were considered low end but doable for 7. If you had a clean install on Win 10 at some point it probably ran alright for you, but now after some time it‘s getting cluttered. Short of getting a new machine, I’d suggest doing a clean reinstall of Win 10 after you save all your data.

Reaction score
Hi Anoosh, I have managed to increase the speed(s) of similar old laptops a lot by replacing the hard drive with a Solid State Drive.
Increasing the RAM will also make a difference, but replace the hDD first and see how it goes.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Personally I'd be looking for a used Lenovo T series laptop or a Dell Latitude with an i5 or i7 and at least 8 Gb ram and put an SSD in it. The i3 processor you have is the economy processor. Amazon has decent 250Gb SSD's for $30.

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question