SOLVED Something Windows 10 failed to fix

Reaction score
The Control Panel is not as necessary as it once was but you would think Windows 10 would have fixed a glaring error in navigating to it. Currently, it is a little easier. Right click on start and select Control Panel. But it does not take you directly to the Control Panel. No, you have to click the drop down next to control panel at the top and select "All Control Panel Items" to finally get to the Control Panel. Pretty lame in my opinion.

I bet there are a lot of people who still do not know how to do that as it is somewhat hidden.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Try clicking the category drop down and select small icons.
Close the Control Panel and reopen again, it should maintain the all control panel items view.

Reaction score
And that has been the default way of opening the items to you choice, since the original Control Panel was introduced. It gives the user a selected default of choice.

Reaction score
Try clicking the drop down and select small icons.
Close the Control Panel and reopen again, it should maintain the all control panel items view.
I tried again and succeeded. I clicked the drop down, not from the "all control panel items" screen but from the screen before that. That would be the first screen I see after clicking on Control Panel from the start options list. It turns out that that screen view is "category" and there I selected "large icons" and now I get all control panel items in the first screen I see,
I am not sure that is what you meant but now when I click Control Panel I get Control Panel (all items). It sure pays to wine sometimes. Thanks again for helping.

Marking this one SOLVED.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It does look as though, somehow, you have a shortcut to the shortcut ?? weird.

Ask a Question