sound on win 10

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I upgraded my windows to 10 but right then I faced a malfunction with my n56jk's sound.
it goes up and down suddenly.
I play km player or any other player...the sound is normal...everything is good but the second I wanna adjust the sound from the corner of the screen,it suddenly goes down.then I stop the player and play it again and sound goes up suddenly.

I've checked my derivers and they are all updated...don't know what to do anymore...

anybody face a problem like this?

Reaction score
The most common source of sound problems is poor communication between Windows 10 and your sound card or chip of choice. This often leads to your sound failing to work at all. All you need to do is find the right updates for the job.

Reaction score
The most common source of sound problems is poor communication between Windows 10 and your sound card or chip of choice. This often leads to your sound failing to work at all. All you need to do is find the right updates for the job.

Thanks for your answer but can you tell me how on earth can I find the right updates?
I mean I know I should go to couple of these websites...but how should I figure out that which one is the right one?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Generally, in the case of a "laptop" your best bet is probably going to be the manufacturer's support site
See what they have in the way of a recent driver specifically for your particular model and its' sound card.
Failing that, your second best bet would be the hardware device manufacturer's support site.
Determine the chipset your audio card is using and check with them for an updated driver.

Don't be affraid to rollback the driver to an older version, even if it was designed for Windows 8.1 for your laptop.
It's possible that the driver that Windows 10 is attempting to use to support your audio card, is not optimal and an older driver might work better, as laptop components can be uniquely customized by the laptop manufactuer or by the hardware manufacturer for the laptop manufacturer.

Ask a Question