Speaker Issue

Reaction score
hello all
i usually keep my laptop plugged into my Logitech speaker . they work fine audio is perfect. i don't move the laptop much but when i disconnected the speakers audio jack sat on my bed and then proceeded to use the laptop speaker they would not work ( and no it wasn't muted). so i checked the device driver as i have had issue with other things like Bluetooth because of it. all drivers are fine.
i right clicked on the speaker symbol went to playback devices and checked if it showed that there was a output and yes it did. i used the troubleshooter yet no issue was found. i have a asus n55sf. this has never happened before. i plan to take it to college so i need to get this fixed soon.
Thank you :)

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Anshul,

Welcome to the Forum.

When you right-click the Speaker icon in the System tray (bottom right side of taskbar) and select Playback devices after locating the laptop's speakers, you may need to right-click and set as Default to be able to hear sounds as presumably up till now the default was your speakers you originally had plugged in.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Anshul,

Welcome to the Forum.

When you right-click the Speaker icon in the System tray (bottom right side of taskbar) and select Playback devices after locating the laptop's speakers, you may need to right-click and set as Default to be able to hear sounds as presumably up till now the default was your speakers you originally had plugged in.

Regards,

Regedit32

hello tanks for your reply. i tried what you said yet it hasnt worked. but check the file linked the speaker show something playing with the green bar yet no sound. i also tried using the realtek digital output and no result .

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 474
Reaction score
If you right click on the speakers in the Playback window, you can check the Configuration and Properties. You might test them there.

Was the Logitech speaker plugged into the headphone out plug? If so you might try inserting and removing that plug a couple to times to see if there might be a problem with the switch in that port which shuts off sound to the built-in speakers.

You also say the speakers are not muted so I assume that also means the volume is not just turned way down? There are two ways to adjust volume on many systems. A keyboard combination and left clicking the speaker icon... Also, do you see the Realtek volume mixer showing in the Hidden icons on the Task Bar?

Reaction score
If you right click on the speakers in the Playback window, you can check the Configuration and Properties. You might test them there.

Was the Logitech speaker plugged into the headphone out plug? If so you might try inserting and removing that plug a couple to times to see if there might be a problem with the switch in that port which shuts off sound to the built-in speakers.

You also say the speakers are not muted so I assume that also means the volume is not just turned way down? There are two ways to adjust volume on many systems. A keyboard combination and left clicking the speaker icon... Also, do you see the Realtek volume mixer showing in the Hidden icons on the Task Bar?

hello thanks for the reply. yes the speakers are plugged in to the headphone output. and no inserting and removing did not work. the volume of the speaker is at 100%( i have tried other levels ). i have tried both methods of adjusting the volume but no result. and no i do not see Realtek volume mixer in the hidden icon section.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Try selecting the speakers and then click the properties button and choose the Advanced tab and experiment with the drop down arrow to test different sampling rates.
Choose one and click the test button and see if any of them produce a test sound.

Reaction score
Try selecting the speakers and then click the properties button and choose the Advanced tab and experiment with the drop down arrow to test different sampling rates.
Choose one and click the test button and see if any of them produce a test sound.

thanks for the reply. non of the frequencies produce sound.

Reaction score
HELLO ALL that have replied on the thread. i found a fix it worked.this i the website http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/no-sound-7-tips-fix-audio-issues-windows-10/
i ued the 4th option with was this

Right-click the Start menu and select Device Manager. Expand the Sound, video games and controllers section. If you spot IDT High Definition Audio CODEC, right-click and select Update Driver Software. In the next panel, select Browse my computer for driver software, followed by Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. This allows us to select from any drivers pre-installed on our system.

Windows-10-Manual-Driver-Update.png

Under Model, select High Definition Audio Device, followed by Next, followed by Yes. You may need to restart your system for the changes to take effect.

Ask a Question