Speed up your broadband.

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience of the WiFi boosters advertised on this website? If so, would you share some thoughts about these items?

Reaction score
A WiFi booster can only bring your device to WiFi access point speed closer to the 802.11 version you are using ( a,b,g,n,.ac) and of course the real maximum speed is that between your router/modem and your ISP.

If your problem is bad WiFi speeds in various parts of your property that the real answer is to install a mesh system. They are quite reasonably priced now. I would look on the web to find the recommended ones. My house is small enough that I don't need to do that but if I was going that way I'd probably buy Unifi gear...not the cheapest but has a good reputation.

Reaction score
WiFi Booster - for some clients work while others it remains the same. different ISPs have different settings, some offer upto80% of advertised and i find others offer slightly more than advertised. Best if always use the same TEST program for Speeds, then play with different settings as recommended by Booster program.

Reaction score
A WiFi booster can only bring your device to WiFi access point speed closer to the 802.11 version you are using ( a,b,g,n,.ac) and of course the real maximum speed is that between your router/modem and your ISP.

If your problem is bad WiFi speeds in various parts of your property that the real answer is to install a mesh system. They are quite reasonably priced now. I would look on the web to find the recommended ones. My house is small enough that I don't need to do that but if I was going that way I'd probably buy Unifi gear...not the cheapest but has a good reputation.
Thanks Tim for your answer, however some more problems have become apparent.
The startup now takes several minutes and all the shortcuts on the desktop are plain without any icons.
The Edge icon has disappeared altogether and a “Critical Error” now appears when I click on the start button, see attached screen shot.
I have done a complete scan with Kaspersky and nothing has changed.
3C9387DB-2C98-4026-BC76-4B59D5BCADC7.jpeg

Reaction score
It does sound like you have more than 1 program that is taking lots of time to start or your system needs (trim or defrag) and another possible test you can do.... go to SafeMode, and see if your start speed is better, and it could also mean you have some corruption not just a virus or malware. a fast test is also msconfig and check services, hide MS services then disable all the rest, then reboot and see what happens. you do know the icons on desktop are nothing more than shortcuts. so when 1 disappears that actually means nothing.

Reaction score
Do the following things to speed up your broadband:
1. Keep your browser up to date.
2. Terminate background applications.
3. Protect system from virus.
4. Secure your network.
5. Reposition Router.
6. Use a wired connection when possible, etc.

Ask a Question