Spinning Dots at Boot Up

Reaction score
I have win 10 x64 on a Dell XPS 8700. It had Win 8.1. Been on Win 10 since release. Today my son went to reboot the computer and at boot, just got spinning dots. He turned it off, same thing. Got to a diagnostic and it said it could not repair. So I decided to use Acronis 2016 to restore the weekly image from Sunday. Acronis said restore was successful, but same thing, Just spinning dots under the dell logo.

Any Ideas?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
How do you have acronis set?
Your weekly back?
IS it a full disk image or an incremental or differential backup, or just a files and folder backup.
You may have to resort to your latest full disk image.
How long have you let it set at the spinning dots?

Reaction score
Thank you, i have done.

Tags: windows 10, dell computer, cach tang toc may tinh

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Same problem this morning, except I hadn't installed or updated anything for a few weeks. everything worked yesterday but this morning nothing but the spinning circles. I read everything I could (using my CHROMEBOOK!) with no answers. But I noticed that the system would go into standby when I used the standby key.. And I noticed that it even went into standby itself after 20 minutes. I could even shut the system down using the power button but when powering back up it went back into the spinning circles. no other keys worked, other than the standby key. Big problem is that I had neglected to make a recovery drive. So I thought I'd try something, knowing that sometimes if the power is cut off sometimes the system will bring up the safe mode option. So I pulled the plug on the computer and then powered up. It then booted up as if nothing had happened. I am know making a recovery drive as I type!

Ask a Question