Stuck on spinning start up dots

Reaction score
A few days ago my laptop (Asus X552C) started playing up, for example whenever I pressed 'sleep' it would shut down anyway.
Next, the laptop completely froze; Spotify tried to reinstall, chrome wouldn't load and was stuck on the blue spinning circle etc.
Therefore I had to hold the power button down in order to shut the laptop down however now, when I press the power button I can't get past the white spinning dots at the bottom of the screen.
I am able to get into safe mode however troubleshooting has not as of yet been able to pick up anything and resetting came back as not possible.
Also when I try and scan the device with Windows defender it shuts down after about 2 hours of scanning.

If anybody knows how to deal with this, please help!!
Thank you.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
whenever I pressed 'sleep' it would shut down anyway.
it shuts down after about 2 hours of scanning.
The fact that your laptop is "shutting down" when it should not, might indicate an issue with system temperature.
Do you have the requisite skill set to inspect the inside of the laptop for possible accumulation of dust and debris and to confirm that the internal cooling fan is operating as it should be?

Ask a Question