Start, Edge and Shop stop working after the frist restart

Reaction score
I have updaded from Win7 to Win10. I have not clear installation because of my important win7 softwares. I have reinstalled, repair-installed Win10 from USB-stick. I have used sfc, disim no help. After re-installation Edge, Start and Shop work, until I make the first restart and they stop to work. They only flash, when I click them. All my other softwares work fine. I don´t know, how to fix this problem!

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I have reinstalled, repair-installed Win10 from USB-stick. I have used sfc, disim no help
Sounds to me like you've done most everything I can think of.....
The last remaining thing you might try is, create a new user as a member of the local administrator's group (not a standard user), log off from your account and log on as the new user and test to see if
Start, Store and Edge work for the new user account.

Reaction score
If I click start menu tab with right, then menu opens, which looks like win7 menu, no win10 menu.
I have done before a new administrator account, but it does not help.
What does mean this:
Tweaking com windows-repair:
Skipping Repair.
Due to a bug in the Windows 10 build 10586 the powershell command used to reinstall the apps and app store instead breaks them and deletes their install folders. Till Microsoft fixes this bug this repair is skipped for this version of Windows.
Current version: 10.0.10586

Reaction score
If I boot my PC to Safe Mode all tabs, start, search, Edge, Shop work. It seems to be Win10 mode, but after the normal boot I am such kind of mode, where nothing of these tabs work. Why? Where is Win10 MS Support?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
What does mean this:
Tweaking com windows-repair:
Skipping Repair.
I have no idea, what that might mean. Never used it and never will.
If I boot my PC to Safe Mode all tabs, start, search, Edge, Shop work.
That would suggest that there is something (program, services, process) running in normal boot mode that is not running in Safe Mode.
It could be anything from a driver to a third party security suite or other third party software running a driver or service that Windows 10 doesn't like in normal mode.

Try Clean Booting the machine.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
Use the steps for Windows 8 / 8.1 same for Windows 10.
After you've disabled all startup items and non-Microsoft services if the machine seems to work as expected, then you need to slowly and deliberately turn them back on, one at a time, rebooting after each change until you find the one that is causing your problem.

Reaction score
Solved! I have Asus´s motherboard and one of Asus´s software caused my problem. The sofware is Asus GamerOSD. I have uninstalled it and after that Win10 worked perfect.

Ask a Question