Edge will not start

Reaction score
All of a sudden Edge doesn't work.When I click on the Icon and the address header comes up and then immediately goes away. I have tryed doing a reload of the program bet the same problem persists. Any ideas?.

Reaction score
After reading this thread i thought i would try opening Edge.
Mine does the same starts then immediately shuts down.
I tried the
sfc /scannow method that didn't work not that i am bothered as i never use Edge as i never thought it was fit for purpose anyway.
If i could uninstall it i would.;)

Regedit32

Reaction score
Edge works fine here on the latest Build.

I've only ever had one issue with it ages ago that saw me re-register it and since then its been fine.

Without expanding too much as it wont be relevant to the opening thread, Microsoft released a errant .adxml which was resolved by removing Edge from the SystemApps, then registering it via PowerShell, to in effect reinstall it.

The one catch at the time was the loss of bookmarks and favorites, but that too has been improved.

Reaction score
Well i have found a fix that works not that i intend using edge.

• Go to the start menu
  • Type Windows PowerShell there &
  • Right click on the Windows PowerShell
  • Choose Run as Administrative option
  • Copy & Paste this below command there
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
  • Press Enter
  • After completing, close that tab
  • Restart your PC once
  • That’s it, done

Reaction score
open task manager and click file run new task. Make sure you have a check mark beside "create this task with administrative privileges.

Ask a Question