Start Menu Button

Reaction score
Hello,

I was having no problems with Windows 10 until the last few days when Windows 10 automatically updated. It seems I have lost the function of right-clicking on the Start Menu button also since this latest upgrade Windows 10 will not recognize my Saietek joystick...I'm not sure if these 2 issues are linked but they both started happening in the last 2 days. Any thoughts or info?

Thanks!

Reaction score
I often try these tips just to see what happens. My system is operating well so perhaps I should get no response? Anyway, I get no response when pressing the Windows key and the X key simultaneously. What do you see or rather what do you think I should see?

Reaction score
Tried the X key also...not sure what it is suppose to do either but it does fix the Start button.

Reaction score
Maybe I'm not clear on my question but when you right-click on the Start Menu another menu comes up similar to Windows 8...for some reason this is not happening after the latest upgrade.

Reaction score
Sounds like a possible confliction with the joystik. Try disabling it temporarily , reboot and see if you have the functions back

Reaction score
I often try these tips just to see what happens. My system is operating well so perhaps I should get no response? Anyway, I get no response when pressing the Windows key and the X key simultaneously. What do you see or rather what do you think I should see?

I get the power menu (right click of menu)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Yep.... right clicking and or using the Windows Logo key combined with the x key on your keyboard should both produce the "Power Users" menu or the X-Menu (whatever you choose to call it) basically a context menu with a lot of options to access various functions and features.
I agree with davehc....
Uninstall the joystick and associated software and driver package and disconnect it and see if that makes any difference with your other input devices (mouse and keyboard)

Reaction score
I get the menu when I right click it but not when I press the logo and x. Probably my Logitech keyboard does not do that as Logitech is disabled at start.

Ask a Question