start menu: how to drag sub-menu to right column of existing sub-menu?

Reaction score
After the install of windows 10 there were 2 columns in the start menu. I deleted those and filled up one column. How to get a second column to the right of the first column?

I've added a shortcut to a new sub-menu and can drag and drop it above and below the first sub-menu, but not to the right.
Untitled-1_zps0wzu53um.jpg

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Depending on the size of your monitor and your screen resolution settings, try......
Holding your mouse cursor to the right edge of the start menu until you get a two headed horizontal cursor, then click and hold the edge and drag it to the right.
Drag it as far as possible and see if you have enough physical area to expand it horizontally.

Reaction score
I can't expand it any more to the right to make space to drop the submenu.

After the update to win10 it had all the default startmenu stuff in there, with 2 colums, much wider then it is now, so it must be possible somehow.

Reaction score
May not be the solution, but try Settings - Personalisation - Start
Turn "Show more tiles" ON or, if already on Off.

Reaction score
Yes! that was it.
After fiddling a bit finally was able to put 2 column next to eachother. Then set it to 'off' again, else the columns where way too wide.

thank you

Ask a Question