Start menu issue after install update KB3122947

Reaction score
Hi, I just installed manually the update KB 3122947 because with Windows Update throws an 0x80070643 Error and I have just noticed that my Start Menu don't works properly!! The background color and letter disappear when I click, the more clicks I do the more they disappear.

I did "sfc /scannow" and then "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" and everything it's ok but my Start Menu still doesn't work....

This happens someone more? How can I fix it?

I attach an image:
Sin_t_tulo.png

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Perhaps, before reinstalling Windows 10 you could double check and see if the problem is unique to your user profile, by......
Creating a new local user, as a member of the local administrator's group (not a standard user) and then logging off from your account and logging on as the new user and test to see if the same problem was present in a new user profile.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have done both of those thing to no avail. I am really lost :(
You've created a new user
AND
Reinstalled Windows 10 and you still have the same problem?
Have you checked for updates recently, today is update Tuesday. Maybe, just maybe the most recent cumulative update might help.
Can you right click the start button and choose run and in the run dialog box type
winver
and then hit enter or click OK
What version does it say you are running

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
Yes I have done both. It says I am using version 1511 build 10586.17. I am trying to update Windows but I can not figure out how to find it without a start menu

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
right click the start button and choose run and in the run dialog box type
ms-settings:settings
hit enter or click OK

Reaction score
i tried to install Quick books, and it is doing the same thing as the windows mail. when i try to open it it just closes. nothing more. just closes. I am really getting frustrated here.

Ask a Question