Start menu tiles problem

Reaction score
I have very annoying problem with the start menu. When I expand the menu horizontally, the tiles wont move in to the empty space. I have tried everything. Cant move them manually either by dragging. Tiles just stay left. Here's picture of my problem: http://imgur.com/MVLlWur

I will greatly appreciate your help in this problem.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Can't say that I have ever seen that problem before.
Have you considered perhaps, creating a new user as a member of the local administrator's group and see if the problem might be unique to your profile?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It would appear that, because of either your screen size or your resolution settings that your Start menu, tile area is not large enough over all to support what you are attempting to do.
Have you tried experimenting by reducing your tiles "Resize" to small and then attempting the same exercise?

Reaction score
Good suggestion but no :( I would say there is plenty of room: http://imgur.com/KGaHKXY
Unless my physical monitor/screen size have something to do with it. I have 15.4 inch laptop screen. That would seem odd because it's pretty standard size

Last edited:
Reaction score
The windows button or start button doesn't work today. It was working yesterday. Nothing but problems since I upgraded to windows 10 for free from windows 8.1 or the latest one. Okay..so how do I get the windows button to work so the tiles appear. thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help and replies. MS-support helped me out with remote control. It turned out that my login profile was somehow corrupted and I had to create new one. So you were right Trouble, I just didnt do it correctly :) Case solved!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I just didnt do it correctly
No worries, as long as you got it sorted out in the end.
That's all that's important.
Thanks for posting back and updating your thread with that information.
Regards
Randy

Ask a Question