SOLVED Start up

Reaction score
Start up shows 2 icons in lower left corner. How to remove the one that doesn't allow me to log on?

Reaction score
Hi Robert,

do you mean you have at least two accounts and is that why you have icons on the left?. ;)

Reaction score
Good question. But I have three accounts - two for Microsoft and one Local, but I don't see anything bottom left on the log in screen

Reaction score
no, I only have one account, when I open accounts and when I look under users there is only one personal account shown. When I click on one of the icons it logs me on, as it should, no problem. If I choose the other icon it fails , showing wrong password.

Reaction score
Hi Robert,

it sounds to me like you may have a local account and an MS account on the same setup?????. :oops:

Log in to the account you can use and check in Control Panel > User Accounts to see what (how many) accounts you may have!. :)

Reaction score
Hi Robert,

it sounds to me like you may have a local account and an MS account on the same setup?????. :oops:

Log in to the account you can use and check in Control Panel > User Accounts to see what (how many) accounts you may have!. :)

agree I have two also, however I know that one is my local account and the 2nd is my MS Account so try your MS Account password on that other account and see if it doesn't log in. I use it this way for when I want to use MS Store and to practice with windows 10 in its natural state. Without Open Shell

Reaction score
I went to control paneo and opened user accounts as you suggested. It was a MS local account, after some effort it is now fixed, thanks for your help'
Rob

Ask a Question