Startup repair issue - stating my password is incorrect despite resetting it 4 X

Reaction score
Hi All,

This has been doing my head in now for over 2 hours.

I originally wanted to access my new PC's bios (UEFI firmware option is not available in my PC's Advanced Startup menu).

I read online that if I go via start up repair, I'll be able to access that way.

So I tried to go via start up repair, and discovered something else which in the long run is going to be debilitating, especially when I have issues with my PC after a while and need to perform a repair.

Each time I access my account, and enter the password, I'm informed that the password is incorrect.

I've reset and renewed my windows password over 5 times and still I'm getting the same issue.

Please could someone help, as this is giving me a headache. (Also, if anyone could give me some advice in regards to how I can get to the Bios, that'd be great).

Thanks in advance

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
So can you summarize please?
Can you get into your Operating System at all?
Is there another account on the system that you can use?
As far as accessing your System Setup Utility (BIOS), all computers are different. Some you use the Delete key at post, others the F2 or other Fkey, while still other might accept the Escape key. If we knew what computer you were talking about, we might be able to offer a suggestion.

Ask a Question