SOLVED Strange behavior of cursor and page display

Reaction score
Since yesterday's Windows 10 download I notice that my laptop screen has a life of its own, at times, with the cursor in erratic motion or stationary. The page zooms in larger, magically and unexpectedly, the scroll bar has a life of its own: the page moves up or down. In the earlier used Windows 8.1 version I had access to a page that allows me to delete programs. In this newer version it seems much harder to get rid of the ones that are a nuisance to me.
Does these troubles sound familiar to any of you?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I suspect that would depend on which laptop you're talking about. That type of information specifics is essential in order for someone to determine if they have experienced a similar issue.
I know many people have reported these issues with certain laptops and I know that sony has issued a warning.
DO NOT UPGRADE YET.
To ensure your VAIO PC works with Windows 10, it is strongly recommended that you wait to upgrade your PC until the drivers are ready.
SOURCE: http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/os10upgrade.pl

Reaction score
Thank you Trouble, very useful information! In a way I'm quite naive in finding my way through these procedures of changing Operating Systems. It sounds like bringing a new OS in the virtual air is like a shot in the dark: for some it works, for others it's a road with bumps and potholes. If I hadn't had an announcement that Windows 10 would be available in August and received the offer to make a "reservation" so to speak and if I hadn't received confirmation this week, that Windows 10 was ready to be installed with an invitation to proceed, I would have known of this OS much later, let's say..... possibly in November, when the upgrading by Sony has been made available?

I've learned by this experience, that I should be more careful and investigate first, before going along with the insistent requests to bring a new Windows version "in the home". Today, I've found that many of the troubles I had initially, have now disappeared. The screen has big-sized only once. That was all, today. It's maybe like new shoes. They need a bit of wear to fit snugly. For the time being I'm okay.

Reaction score
It seems like I keep posting, "Me too!" but I seem to be having a lot of trouble as some of you with erratic screen problems.
I have a Lenovo Yoga 2. Hope this doesn't last long. So far, Windows 10 doesn't seem to be an improvement over 8.1 (after I got it tweaked they way I liked it - In another words, like Windows 7) :)

Reaction score
Hopefully, you will find that the erratic screen problems will disappear at some point, Elaine. It's as I mentioned before, Windows10 seems to be similar to new shoes, it needs a bit of wear to fit snugly. I'm not having difficulties anymore now. Fingers crossed ;)

Ask a Question