SOLVED Subject: Unable to complete installation of KB4532695 due to error 0x8007045b.

Reaction score

Browser: Firefox

The update downloads and installs to 100%. So it says. The hard drive then becomes quite busy and that is when it errors .

I have now tried for weeks to install subject update but have not been able to. I have tried all troubleshooting diagnostics and suggestions I have found on the internet(a bunch). I Have turned off firewall and anti-virus, also. I have done everything except a clean W10-PRO re-install which I am hesitant as I have many apps to then re-install.

Could I live without this update if not able to install it? Is there a way to advise Microsoft to halt unwanted updates?

Any ideas on how to correct this problem is most appreciated.

Thanks

Lyle

Reaction score
Considering what the error means, there does not seem to be much help from it..

How long have you had 1909 and have other updates completed normally?

Anything referencing this situation in the Event Viewer?

About all I can suggest is to check your WindowsUpdate.log and possibly the CBS.log to see if you can get more pertinent info. The CBS.log is in the Windows\Logs\CBS folder and can be large so check the dates of the entries.

The WindowsUpdate.log can be generated by using the Admin PowerShell window and entering the command below.

Get-WindowsUpdateLog

ERROR_SHUTDOWN_IN_PROGRESS
1115 (0x45B)
A system shutdown is in progress.

Reaction score
Thanks much for the response, Saltgrass. I am going out rite now so will get back to you if I find something interesting.

Reaction score
Wolfie,
Thanks for the response! I have also tried this method but to no avail.

I bit the bullet and did a clean W10-PRO reload which has cleared the problem. I am presently reloading all my apps which gives me something to do.

Thanks again and have a super day!

Lyle

Ask a Question