SOLVED Taskbar bugs

Reaction score
Hello
My taskbar is messed up. I have it set to auto-hide but it wont hide, also my "start button" and "search button" don't work when click on them (everything thing else works on it).
Is there a fix for this?
Edit: some friends have had the same problem they said they formatted their pc and it came right....but im not keen on formating my pc :( so if you know a fix other than a format please do tell :)
Thank you
Richard

Last edited:
Reaction score
Edit 2: now it wont play any sound and iv been given this error "Critical Error. Start menu and Cortana aren't working. Well try to fix it the next time you sign in" <-- resigning in doesn't help. and I googled it I need to scan for corrupted files using command prompt but I cant open command prompt....windows button + R doesn't work and I cant open the menu or search buttons.
What must i do now?

Edit 3: POSSIBLY FIXED All I did was log out and click on the power button then hold the shift button in and clicked restart, keep holding shift till it comes up with a options page click
Troubleshoot >>Advanced options >>Startup Settings >>Restart >>then press number 4 (for me) to start in "safe mode".
Once the pc has started in safe mode I waited 5 min for it to do what it needs/wants to do then shutdown normally, I gave it 10 min before starting it up again and now it seems to be working normally.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks Richard, for all the follow-up information, and......
Welcome to the forum.
Much appreciated.

Ask a Question