Toshiba Satellite Battery

Reaction score
Well, look on the bright side. You have a non- portable Laptop in working order.:rolleyes:
One idea. I have an I5 laptop with a broken screen. I have it in a bedroom connected through the usb to a portable TV. There are other ways, but I also have a bluetooth keyboard with it. I use it for streaming or whatever, from the internet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes, Thanks Dave.....I might just leave it as it is, as it's probably not worth spending anything on, glad I didn't buy a new battery now........ it may come in handy one day as a stand by....

Reaction score
Yes, think you are right, it's highly unlikely that I will ever use the thing, as I have two others, but I do like a challenge !!
Hi Del,

as long as it is still running using the power brick, there is no need to worry!. You could always sell it on eBay to a computer freak and you might get something for it. I once sold an old Fujitsu Siemens laptop with no extra parts and got around €130 for it!. :)

"I see that the small battery is just for the clock and date". One more thing, the clock battery is also responsible for powering BIOS software which you could try replacing!.

Reaction score
I would guess that if the bios battery is kaput, then the computer will not even start!

Reaction score
I would guess that if the bios battery is kaput, then the computer will not even start!
Hi Dave,

the laptop would start (under normal circumstances) but it would give an error message (Press F1 or Del to access BIOS as an example) and force you to enter BIOS to correct the date and time and least!. :) That said, it may still have something to do with the BIOS not seeing the battery???????. :confused:

Reaction score
. I intended to imply that the Laptop would not boot into the OS.. In fact, I have googled for a better answer. The Cmos battery also stores the bios setup, but will revert to the defaults, if the battery is faulty. There seems to be conflicting answers, but, it does seem that, if the defaults are satisfactory, the computer could still boot into the OS ---IF the main battery was OK.
In huckers case, assuming he is not runnung on main power, it does seem that he would have a dead computer OS, if the Cmos battery was faulty.

Dave

Ask a Question