Unable to enter letters in my password

Reaction score
I rebooted my win 10 computer and when attempting to enter the pw, i could only enter the #'s in the pw. I figured a KB fail, checked for stuck keys...no luck, then opened the onscreen KB. Same problem. After trying and failing to enter the pw, windows 10 made me rebook and type a code: A1B2C3 which i did with no 6. I erased the code and entered my PW...the entire thing with no problems. But windows wanted the A1B2C3 code so i entered it. After, i tried to entery my but it would not let me entets the letters. Can anyone please help me or point me in a direction. I am clueless on where to start. No new hardware. The only software i added recently was trying to connect my phone to my computer.

Reaction score
I sm not st my computer just now, do msybe snother member cab go into more detail. But, adjacent, or under the password, there is a sentence to click, offering you the opportunity tonadd numbers and letters to your password.

Reaction score
Ensure the PC is asking for the password & not the PIN.
Windows 10 build 2004 now has the option of always logging in with a PIN even in safe mode, if you wish to use a password then ensure this is disabled.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The only software i added recently was trying to connect my phone to my computer.
Can you provide the name of that software and how you came by it?
Sounds to me like something may have somehow tricked keyboard input to behave like a giant phone dialing pad.

Ask a Question