Unable to modify startup programs

Reaction score
Windows keeps telling me to disable three programs that start when the computer does, but the 'disable' button in the startup menu on task master is grayed out and will not function. I have followed all the directions, which basically haven't changed for this version of windows and repeated the effort several times, but am unable to modify these programs.

Is there some other way to achieve adding/removing than taskmaster/startup?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Do you know which three programs they are?
Maybe use something like Autoruns from here https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx see if you can simply uncheck them.
After you download and unzip it, right click Autoruns (not Autorunsc) and choose "Run as Administrator".
Hit escape to halt the initial run and use the Options link on the menu bar and confirm that Hide Microsoft Entries and Hide Windows Entries are both checked, then click the "Refresh" icon and let it run.
See if you can spot them.

Reaction score
I'm assuming they are Dropbox, Carbonite, and Zone Alarm which are the only programs that show "high" under the label 'startup impact.'

Ask a Question