Unidentified Network No Internet Access Ethernet

Reaction score
You need to test that your inline AC Ethernet adapters are functioning properly.
Do they each have reset buttons as pictured?
Are they on the same side of the breaker-box electrically?
Can you get the computer close enough to the router to test a normal Ethernet connection to eliminate the line adapters from the equation to test and see if the problem is with the computer or the line adapters by taking them out of the diagnostic equation?
Does the fact that when I do ipconfig /all I don't get any dns suffix or default gateway help? I also get a 169.254 ip

Reaction score
This could be caused by the powerline kit not working. Or by a bad cable or even a bad port on the router.

Your PC is not sending and/or not receiving the handshake with the router that gets the network connection started.
The sequence is (IIRC) that the PC sends a broadcast message asking for a connection,essentially for an ip address on any network that answers, and the router replies with an IP address, gateway, mask, dns and domain name. You are either not sending ( which could be a W10 problem) or not receiving. Either way it could be hardware although I think your PC thinks it is sending from the yellow excla point rather than a red X.

Reaction score
This could be caused by the powerline kit not working. Or by a bad cable or even a bad port on the router.

Your PC is not sending and/or not receiving the handshake with the router that gets the network connection started.
The sequence is (IIRC) that the PC sends a broadcast message asking for a connection,essentially for an ip address on any network that answers, and the router replies with an IP address, gateway, mask, dns and domain name. You are either not sending ( which could be a W10 problem) or not receiving. Either way it could be hardware although I think your PC thinks it is sending from the yellow excla point rather than a red X.
What would I have to do to fix this or is it a deeper Windows problem?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
What would I have to do to fix this
You need to further diagnose the issue, by......
As I said above, taking the AC adapters out of the equation to determine if they are the issue.
The 169.254.xxx.xxx is an APIPA address and doesn't help except to point out that you are not getting DHCP information from the expect source on your network.

Relocate the computer in closer proximity to the router or buy or borrow a long enough cat5 cable to make the run.

Reaction score
Trouble we are both saying the same thing here!

Also Check in device manager for network devices and whether they are properly installed. tell us the make and model of the devices as well just incase for some reason you have bad drivers.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Yep.
When investigating network issues, you need to use the OSI Model and begin with layer #1 (the physical layer) the physical connection.
I don't want the OP assuming that the problem might be with Windows
a deeper Windows problem?
When it is as likely or perhaps even more likely something physical and those line connectors is where I would start. Either placing another computer in exactly the same location or by using my 100 foot cat5 cable to take them out of the diagnostic process. I keep one in my troubleshooting bag so when I go into an environment I don't have to rely on any customer wiring, I can bypass all their existing wall jacks, cables, multiple switches, etc., and just go straight from the computer to the switch ports on the router.

Reaction score
I agree...however it is just a bit suspicious that WhiteThunder says the wifi from the machine in question also sn't working post 18 Which could be windows or could be the router.
as well as saying in post 5 that there is some doubts about the Netgear.

One of those things that in my experience could be fixed in 10 minutes if one was there!

Reaction score
Yep.
When investigating network issues, you need to use the OSI Model and begin with layer #1 (the physical layer) the physical connection.
I don't want the OP assuming that the problem might be with Windows

When it is as likely or perhaps even more likely something physical and those line connectors is where I would start. Either placing another computer in exactly the same location or by using my 100 foot cat5 cable to take them out of the diagnostic process. I keep one in my troubleshooting bag so when I go into an environment I don't have to rely on any customer wiring, I can bypass all their existing wall jacks, cables, multiple switches, etc., and just go straight from the computer to the switch ports on the router.
I would do that but it can't be the problem because the wifi and the Ethernet are getting the same problem and plugging it directly it won't fix the wifi so it can't be the problem.

Reaction score
If you have purchased a wireless router from a well-known brand on the market, then you have to install it in a proper way. Remember that you must get the owner's manual while investing in a router. This instructions manual is very useful to setup a wireless router and troubleshoot and fix virtually any problem regarding your router.

Reaction score
If you have purchased a wireless router from a well-known brand on the market, then you have to install it in a proper way. Remember that you must get the owner's manual while investing in a router. This instructions manual is very useful to setup a wireless router and troubleshoot and fix virtually any problem regarding your router.

Most modern name brand home router/WIFI APs will, once they are plugged into a modem at one side and a PC at the other will do most of the work themselves. Asking for a username and password if the 'net connection is PPOE being an exception.

Ask a Question