Update errors "Walk-Through"

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
This may or may not prove helpful to some, but I thought I would pass it along just in case.
The steps, look pretty much like, some suggestions you could expect to find right here on this website, but they've consolidated them into a walk-through format so it might be handy for some to follow.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10164/fix-windows-update-errors

It's suppose to be something new but for the most part it looks a lot like a re-hash to me.

Reaction score
My response to the MS about their link. "This is a work around not a solution. Improve the quality of updates before release.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I am growing very weary of installing Updates multiple times, and of Windows trying to install items that require a restart during non-working hours. Do not like leaving the computer on that much. I just don't have time for untested Updates.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I know the last seasonal update would not install. It would get 93% then say it had trouble and had to restart. Then everytime I turned on my computer had to go through the same thing again. I called Microsoft and they absolutely
screwed up my computer so much that it would not even get onto a browser and deleted most of my icons and lot of the software would not work. I have elevated support but they always have to let a newby play with it and mess it up before they will let you talk to someone in elevated support. I finally got hold of someone and they have just about fixed all my problems. I paid over 150.00 for elevated support and I think that I should not have my computer screwed up by someone that simply reads directions in a manual and tries to fix things.

Reaction score
I dont usually have problems with updates. Reading this thread, I am now wondering why, although I have received KB4467702, which is listed in my history as a Flash update on my computers, it has not updated my builds..
I read that none of the "fixes" relate to problems I have had, but, (according to this thread : https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/needed-taskbar-icons-greyed-out.18134/)

the build should now be ***407. Anyone confirm?

And see here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4467702/windows-10-update-kb4467702

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That would apply if you had 1803 17134 installed.
I don't believe that it pertains to those of us running 1809 17763

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
OK, forget it. I have just noticed the posters build is a little out of date.

Ask a Question