Update Problem

Reaction score
Hello. I'm using Windows 10. I've recently noticed something. Windows isn't updating. When I open Windows Update screen, it says "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes." (There is no error code.) When I click "Check for updates" button, it checks and the same message comes back.

Is there a solution for this?

My Windows version: 2004 (OS Build 19041.1415)

Reaction score
You need to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. For that-
Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, then select Windows Update under Get up and running, and then select Run the troubleshooter.

Reaction score
Download an ISO file or the Media Creation Tool from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

If it's an ISO, double-click to mount, and it should immediately appear as a drive. Run the Setup.exe inside, from the outer directory, not the one inside the sources folder.

If it's the Media Creation Tool, log into an administrative account and run it. Choose the "create installation media for another PC" option, then choose the "ISO file" option. Once the ISO is saved, double-click the ISO to mount, and run Setup.exe inside.

Reaction score
Have you tried resetting the update components?
Open cmd prompt/powershell with admin & enter:
Net Stop bits
Net Stop wuauserv
Net Stop appidsvc
Net Stop cryptsvc
Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore DataStore.bak
Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\Download Download.bak
Ren %Systemroot%\System32\catroot2 catroot2.bak
Del "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat"
Net Start bits
Net Start wuauserv
Net Start appidsvc
Net Start cryptsvc
Restart the PC & try updating again.

And/or:
Search for services.msc & find Windows Update & ensure it is set to Automatic.

Ask a Question