SOLVED update stuck

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
today update came threw for 1607/ 64/ KB3189866
it is at the 45 % and there it is stuck. Tried restarting does not help besides that everything is running fine. I tried trouble shooter no luck , how do I unstick it ?

Reaction score
My Daughters Laptop stuck at 45% whilst downloading the cumulative update, checked task manager very little if any Ethernet activity after 45%. Tried restarting did nothing. Will try again tomorrow. Maybe!

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
I have sent two on this but this is the strangest yet. I ran the troubleshooter it after finishing said
  1. Windows update components repaired
  2. Potential Windows up date data base error detected
after shutting down the troubleshooter page, on my the screen that the settings window was still open on the in update page this was here
" we could not installed up dates because PC was turned off" retry ? it was on the whole time. Only thing I can think of was I had my computer on this morning then I went to work when I close the lid ( I have a laptop) that puts the computer to sleep. Could it had been down loading the up date and I did not know it?
If so I think that is a good thing to add to Win 10 when it starts to up date that pops up front and center to let you know that it is.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen on one of my computers, although instead of running the trouble shooter I restarted the Windows Update services my self.
It produced the same response suggesting the computer had been turned off.
I clicked the "retry" button and it finally downloaded and installed the update.
Although I had downloaded the stand alone installer from the Microsoft Update Catalog to my desktop, just in case it shot craps again. Didn't need it, but still...... belt and suspenders.

Reaction score
It happened on my system also. I ended up downloading and installing directly.

I don't know if it is relevant, but on my system which worked normally, I use a local account. On the one which would not complete, I am running a Microsoft Account. Also, the broken one was a manual check for updates the working one just happened and all I saw was a Restart message.

Reaction score
today update came threw for 1607/ 64/ KB3189866
it is at the 45 % and there it is stuck. Tried restarting does not help besides that everything is running fine. I tried trouble shooter no luck , how do I unstick it ?
Same problem with me also; tried downloading with ms catalogue but the download from there also stuck

Reaction score
My first attempt to manual update also froze around 75% of the green bar. I played around and stopped the Windows Update service from the Services panel and the update finished the next time I tried.

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
I was waiting to see if any one had a ideal till tonight . I had a print driver that was stuck found this and after down loading it ask if you want to fix the up date. The next box click on it up comes a list of up dates. I went to the bottom and there was the stuck up date, I check it and after a few minutes it went bye bye. So far have not tried the up date on settings to see if I am up to date. I will wait a day before trying to see if I am
upload_2016-9-14_22-37-5.png

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
tried this link error occurred could not do , earlier yesterday did use a link that did fix it. Up date is gone and today my up date in settings said I was up to date this is the link I used
upload_2016-9-15_23-30-56.png

Ask a Question