Upgrade time

Reaction score
From what I've read on Windows 10 upgrade and updates it appears to be a huge file, about how much time should I expect ti to take for a complete download?

Using a generic machine, Intel core i5 processor, 3.4ghz, 6mb quad core, Asus P8B75-V M/B. 4GB Ram.

Each time I'm ready to hit the UPGRADE button I read another post which gives me pause and then wait for another "positive" post. Have a clone disk and image disk - so I guess we should be set.

Reaction score
Can't answer your question, your machine specs has nothing to do with your Internet speeds. You are looking at downloading 2.5GB to 3.5GB, depending on the bit version you need. A slow Internet connection can take several hours. Where a fast Internet connection can complete the download in 20 minutes or less.

With that said; once the download is complete, it shouldn't take your machine long (15 min or so) at all to install.

Reaction score
Thanks, Clifford, that answers the question for me and several others that have asked the same question.

Ask a Question