Upgrading to Windows 10?? Don't do it..... STOP!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trouble, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Trouble

Joann

ROFL! Long Island, New York hardly qualifies as "small" community. That's where my experience took place.

Joann, Jul 3, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer Moderator

I'm in no way trivializing your particular tribulation, I'm sure it was bad, and.....
    IF the fine law enforcement officers of the NYPD were able to resolve you situation to your satisfaction and your stolen items were returned to you promptly, then all's well that ends well.
    Since your particular experience did not involve any computers or associated data storage, I'm not sure that it applies generally across the board.
    I can tell you, with some authority (having been a police officer myself for a brief period of time), a password will not protect your computer or its' contents.... NO more than your doors, windows and presumably LOCKS, protected your CB Base Station in your unfortunate experience.

Trouble, Jul 3, 2016
    1. Advertisements

3. Trouble

Maaaatttt

This updated version of windows makes me want to switch to Mac, and I've been using a windows PC since the beginning well almost the beginning my first was an Apple 2GS. I already lost a laptop due to the automatic update. I have to turn off my desktop after every use or my icons go super large and I have files randomly opened all over the place. I've run anti-virus software thinking that might be the problem. Nope it's 10. Going shopping soon I think. I'm a little sad it's like getting a divorce.

Maaaatttt, Jul 6, 2016
  4. Trouble

keith l terrill

I solved this. I upgraded everything to Linux Mint. Then I inslalled VM and put Win7 in it. Then I installed Wine for the few MS only programs I need. No problems since.

keith l terrill, Sep 2, 2016
  5. Trouble

Tim Locke

I have uesed Unix, Xenix and Linux over the years as a developer and a User. Same with MS-Dos and Windows from 3.1 to 2000 and then XP and 7 as a user. Even a short ( fortunately!) time with OS/2. I used W10 from close to the beginning of the Insider program when it was REALLY unreliable.

But I did not use it on a machine with any valuable data. I NEVER ran any of the Anti-virus programs apart from Windows Defender and it worked fine for me. So I upgraded my 'production' PC July 2015 and it all worked well. I did put off upgrading my wife's Vista era PC which had been upgraded to 7 until we had another new machine for her with W10 and all her stuff moved and tested. As it happened, the old clunker ( old 3 core AMD cpu) upgraded with no problem.

I watch a few blogs and this and one other W10 sites and I feel there are some things wrong deep inside W10 and they can be provoked by out of date AV programs and not-quite-uptodate-drivers for some common devices.
    I do have confidence that these bugs will be found and cured. I well believe that many millions of users have had no trouble with W10.

Tim Locke, Sep 2, 2016
  6. Trouble

Trident

Sorry, took me so long to respond - had a personal problem. The friend did upgrade to that 'factory' setting, but hiw WLM was not as the previous one and I guess his wife had some problems., so, luckily he did have an "image" and restored it. So I guess he's all set. Thanks for all the iformation. I,m using WLM as it was upgraded from Win 7, so far no problems. Thanks again!

Trident, Sep 18, 2016
  7. Trouble

mowermike1

I have been running the new upgrade with no problems as of yet all is stable and every program works well..

mowermike1, Sep 21, 2016
  8. Trouble

Saltgrass

I went to get an eye exam yesterday. The doctor and I were discussing Win 10 since it was on their systems. She told me their IT guy allowed Win 10 to install on some device, like a camera, they used and it took seven weeks to get it back in service....

Saltgrass, Oct 14, 2016
  9. Trouble

Mubasshir

I have upgraded and happily working with it. No problem.

Mubasshir, Oct 14, 2016
  10. Trouble

HelpMePlease

Too bad I hadn't read this before the automatic update occurred. most people are living their lives and do not even know about this "anniversary" update. I am currently using my phone because I cannot use my PC anymore or at least not until Monday when Microsoft support groups will actually open up and help people. really how could I have been informed about the update previously?

HelpMePlease, Oct 30, 2016
  11. Trouble

don sigler

Run From Windows 10, It's PURE crap as my avatar indicates. You'll see after a few updates. Microsoft Chat will be your only friend. It's the most unstable OS I Have ever seen. Many corrupt versions out there too

don sigler, Mar 4, 2017
  12. Trouble

don sigler

Windows 10 runs like it's still in beta....Problems are mainly with stubborn updates, that refuse application and usually require Microsoft tech support to install. Windows 10 is TEDIOUS at best. My Avatar IS my opinion of Winblows 10.

don sigler, Mar 7, 2017
  13. Trouble

davehc

I have not had the problems, or hate campaign, don sigler is constantly subjecting us to on this Windows 10 help forum. But I would point out that it has improved considerably since this outdated , revived thread, was started..
    Perhaps, Don, you could make better use of your computer by returning to whatever your previously used.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    davehc, Mar 7, 2017
    Ian likes this.
  14. Trouble

daitrongpham

My upgrade process Windows 10 was good, suddenly power went off, and I had to start over. If it continues, it really is not complete. It's sad to be interrupted

daitrongpham, Mar 14, 2017
    1. Advertisements