Using older model Canon BJC-85 with Windows 10/Edge HP laptop

Reaction score
Hi thanks for the info, both the USA and Europe Canon sites don’t support either the S100 or BJC 85 downloads. Could you please let me know where you got your download from?
Bob

Reaction score
Hi thanks for the info, both the USA and Europe Canon sites don’t support either the S100 or BJC 85 downloads. Could you please let me know where you got your download from?
Bob
In Windows, ad Printer manual, Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings , select a printer port, select canon en s100 printer

Reaction score
hello
I have installed that driver with canon ij driver module from on canon website
could you explain the process to make it work/linked to the bjc 85 printer ?
thank you
regards
In Windows, ad Printer manual, Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings , select a printer port, select canon en s100 printer

Reaction score
I don't know the answer to that. There is a CD that came with the printer but my laptop doesn't have a CD drive. I went online to the Canon support site but there are no updates or drivers available for this printer. I guess it's too old and no longer supported?
Hi there,
I have the same probl with my printer too.If you do not mind can you send me a copy of a driver package you got for it?

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have got this to work fully in Windows 10 21H1.
How I did it is just plug the printer in the USB turned it on and noticed it gets recognised but gets put in Software Devices for some strange reason.
I then downloaded this driver
The Driver Version: 6.1.7233.0
I then extracted the zip to a folder and went throught Device Manager and right clicked the BJC-85 in the Software Devices and went to Properties/Driver/Update Driver/Browse my computer/Then point it to the extracted folder.
Then hey presto the driver appears and you can print from anything. :)

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have got this to work fully in Windows 10 21H1.
How I did it is just plug the printer in the USB turned it on and noticed it gets recognised but gets put in Software Devices for some strange reason.
I then downloaded this driver
The Driver Version: 6.1.7233.0
I then extracted the zip to a folder and went throught Device Manager and right clicked the BJC-85 in the Software Devices and went to Properties/Driver/Update Driver/Browse my computer/Then point it to the extracted folder.
Then hey presto the driver appears and you can print from anything. :)

Thanks! I got mine to work with Win 11 22H2 64bit using your advice :)

Reaction score
For Windows 10, Canon Inkjet S100 driver works perfectly well as a proxy for BJC-85 driver (even with PDF and complex meta-characters). Step 1: Add printers and Scanners->"The printer that I want isn't listed". Step 2: Find a printer by other options->"Add a local printer or network printer with manual setting". Step 3: Choose a printer port->"USB001 (CanonBJC-85)". Step 4: Install the printer driver->"Windows update"->"Canon"->"Canon Inkjet S100". print test page. easy.

Reaction score
add-driver-for-BJC-85-windows10.png

Reaction score
Hi I have the same problem. These printers are so useful as I could use on the road whilst travelling.

Ask a Question