SOLVED Using Windows Live Mail

Reaction score
I am using windows live mail in windows 10 because I don't like it's version of mail (no contacts, no spam file, no files etc etc). However live mail works ok and then stops & I get the message - Windows Live Mail error 0x800CCC0F, socket error 10053. How do I get live mail to work properly in windows 10?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Lyn,

Open Windows Live Mail then:
  • On top tool bar, click Accounts tab
  • Next click Properties
  • Click the Servers tab | then at bottom of this tab put a checkmark next to "My server requires authentication
  • Next click the Advanced tab
  • Near top of tab if not present, place a checkmark next to "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)
    • Note: there are two of those so place a checkmark next to both
  • Click Apply

Now try sending a test email to yourself. Has your issue resolved itself now?

If not, let us know; and while doing that if you could provide some additional details:

• What antivirus program are you running?
  • Are you running a firewall? If yes, what is its name?

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Regedit32
I do have the authentication & the secure connection SSL checked. I can receive emails but can't send any. I am using Windows Defender & it's firewall (came with windows 10). I had been using windows 7 before the upgrade. Hope this helps.
Cheers
Lyn

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Lyn,

When you click on Accounts tab | Properties | Advanced tab, what value is entered in your Outgoing Mail (SMTP) box?

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi again Regedit
I checked this out & clicked the use default tab - value is now 25 and is working much better. Bigpond had said to enter 587 or 465 when I added my account. Thank you for your help.
Cheers
Lyn

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Lyn,

That is great :)

You are most welcome.

Happy Computing.

Regedit32

Ask a Question