Windows 10 not using full screen

Reaction score
First i'd like to apologize for my bad english as it is not my first language, hope it'd be coherent enough for you to understand, though.

I just upgraded my windows 10, i'm using AMD RADEON 3000 graphic card and AOC 2267W monitor. There's this unused space of about 3/4 inch around the entire monitor. (As the photo attached) It reduces the screen size and left a frame like blank space. I've tried updating the driver to the latest one but it still doesn't solve the issue. I've tried changing the resolution on display settings as well but it only makes the screen unfit to the original size of the monitor. (22") I ran up of solutions. Please help.

Attachments

• 1527863911190206279288.jpg
    1527863911190206279288.jpg
    980.6 KB · Views: 607
Reaction score
You have 3 programs open but minimized [the line under the icons], can't see anything above the Taskbar but all white. The picture indicates the black part around all the white could be the frame around the LED/LCD Flat Panel. If that is incorrect please understand that "full screen" is reached by toggling F11 which hides most of the toolbars, it's a hardware feature of the computer. That is different from the Windows feature of Maximized.

Also involved could be the Resolution you have set, right-click the desktop and choose Display Settings, usually there will be a Recommended choice and may not be the maximum the monitor can use.

Reaction score
You have 3 programs open but minimized [the line under the icons], can't see anything above the Taskbar but all white. The picture indicates the black part around all the white could be the frame around the LED/LCD Flat Panel. If that is incorrect please understand that "full screen" is reached by toggling F11 which hides most of the toolbars, it's a hardware feature of the computer. That is different from the Windows feature of Maximized.
Hello thank you for your response! but unfortunately that's not the issue. I've learned that it's named underscan? The desktop screen is full (the task bars is shown perfectly) but it left this blank space all around the edges making it as if it's a thick frame of my monitor. Hope it makes sense, i don't know how to explain it better.

Reaction score
Vira~

I was looking at your monitor and it looks identical to mine altho just a different model number ( I have the 2367 model.. one of the first ones AOC came out with that was "frameless")

I as well get the "black bars" on the monitor on either side .. and across the top.. while not as 'thick' as yours seem to be. Mine are MAYBE a 1/2 inch thick. It's ALWAYS been like that. the "frameless" aspect really only refers to the fact that there is no plastic frame/bezel around the entire monitor. As you obviously noticed there IS a plastic piece/bezel at the bottom.

HOWEVER , as Bighorm mentioned, your resolution MAY be off slightly ... but even with adjusting it as much as you can you will ALWAYS have some sort of black border around the image . I've tried messing with mine when i first got it .. and i never could (even to this day with different upgrades of video cards) entirely get rid of the black border. it WOULD reduce or enlarge depending on thee resolution .. but only slightly.

After having this monitor for as long as i have .. i really dont notice it any more unless someone happens to mention it to me, believe it or not LOL

Ask a Question