Virus/ Malware not allowing system reset

Reaction score
So after doing basic research and exhausting all available options I have to the help of someone more experienced.
I have a Lenovo Yoga 730 and I have a nasty virus after downloading borderlands 2 mods from an untrusted source. (yes I'm aware i should not have lol).
The virus allows me to start up windows correctly but every time I open any sort of browser said virus will close it. Pop ups also are rapidly occurring and telling me to allow something to install. ( I have not clicked yes on any pop-ups) Turning my internet connection off seems to help. In addition when navigating to the recover tab in settings it tells me to contact an IT help desk and does not allow me to open the advanced settings . That is quite weird being i have been on my own personal laptop on my own personal network. That said I want to simply factory reset my laptop. I have everything backed up on separate storage device.

Ask a Question