W10 Microsoft Edge not support Norton Security Suite Extensions.

Reaction score
Recently I switched over to Chrome browser from Microsoft edge because Edge apparently, does not support Norton security extensions . Norton is a no cost internet security provided to their subscribers by my IP. Norton does support Firefox, Chrome and Internet explorer. and typically I on occasion I will switch around browsers. Does anyone have any thoughts why this is the case MS Edge? thank you.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Edge doesn't support any extension or addons. So you might want to change to a different browser. Windows 10 still has IE 11 or you could download/install Firefox or Chrome.

Reaction score
Edge doesn't support any extension or addons. So you might want to change to a different browser. Windows 10 still has IE 11 or you could download/install Firefox or Chrome.
Thanks Bassfisher i appreciate your feedback. I do use IE11 or Chrome; I have come familiar with MS Edge since using W10 and i thought it was odd that Edge does not support extensions. Thanks.

Reaction score
Microsoft have said that Edge does not support extension since it was first introduced in Spring 2015. Just lately they have allowed certain extensions.

As MS considers W10 to be amply protected by Defender with its various components:-
Anti-malware,Antivirus,Anti-spyware and Network inspection
which are integrated with automatic daily updates one could understand if they didn't exert themselves to integrate Norton. ( or MacAfee etc.)

Just an opinion not backed up by much fact but quite a few anecdotes, I think that a good many of the faulty installs of W10 and updates are caused by interactions with third party antivirus software.

Reaction score
Microsoft have said that Edge does not support extension since it was first introduced in Spring 2015. Just lately they have allowed certain extensions.

As MS considers W10 to be amply protected by Defender with its various components:-
Anti-malware,Antivirus,Anti-spyware and Network inspection
which are integrated with automatic daily updates one could understand if they didn't exert themselves to integrate Norton. ( or MacAfee etc.)

Just an opinion not backed up by much fact but quite a few anecdotes, I think that a good many of the faulty installs of W10 and updates are caused by interactions with third party antivirus software.

Hi Tim, thanks for your feedback i really appreciate it. While i do agree that third party antivirus seem to inhibit certain performances; at times my confidence with Win Defender is also bit shaky. For years i used a paid antivirus Avast and at first i thought it was excellent in it is performance but it did interfere with other download feature so when the subscriptions expired I went to Win Defender along with the free version of Anti Malewarebytes. I noticed whenever i ran the maleware it would result with pages of issues. However, i do see the benefit of the integrated Windows system. I am still trying to piece together the best security system for my computers. Given the nature of todays cyber issues, doing so is challenging. thanks again.

Ask a Question