Warning For 800M Windows 10 Users

Reaction score
It's a matter of time that Microsoft will learn from their mistakes that Windows 10 may have been a flop to all computer s users. And that they will realize it is time for a complete new OS …. not a upgrade, but, a complete OS on a free set of discs.

Reaction score
I have personally never bothered but as the article points out, those running a business set-up or those that want to do it are left with the short end of the stick!. :(

Reaction score
I presume that Macrium's full backup backs up the registry.

I have always thought that the registry was designed by the same people who engineer German cars. Too much time on their hands to fiddle with stuff that doesn't need fiddling.

Good old .ini files properly structured would have and still would work better.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I went ahead and edited the registry and then went into task scheduler and set the trigger for once a week.

Capture.PNG

I ran it manually the first time and it seemed to work OK.
We'll see how it works on a schedule

Reaction score
It used to be the Registry was backed up every time a system booted correctly. One of the automatic recovery options was to switch to that backup if the system did not boot correctly.

The linked article doesn't really mention this but if the recovery process was also not able to look for a backup registry, maybe having one would not help when needed because the process has been modified. Not many folks know how to recover parts of a registry from a backup..

Reaction score
I had been taught not to mess with the registry unless you really, really know what to do there. I disregarded that advice just once. No more.

Reaction score
I presume that Macrium's full backup backs up the registry.

I have always thought that the registry was designed by the same people who engineer German cars. Too much time on their hands to fiddle with stuff that doesn't need fiddling.

Good old .ini files properly structured would have and still would work better.
I also presume that. But, being overcautious, I do keep exports (a facility in the registry) stored at intervals and, If I ever dare to fiddle, I export that portion. If ever the "fiddling" doesn't work out, I reimport. Maybe extra work, but it doesn't take long and gives peace of mind.

Ask a Question